Discover our products
DIATEX primers and paints
The majority of paints crack as the covering ages, the colours expected are not always precise during repairs or on first painting, the result obtained with the paint does not satisfy your quality criteria and the weight of the finishing is often too high and affects the performance of the aircraft.
DIATEX offers you a comprehensive package by providing paints that guarantee protection against UVs and ensure a perfect finish of your aircraft, as well as the following solutions:
- Primers which adhere perfectly to nitrocellulose substrates (dope) and laminates: DIAPLAN.
- When painting on metal; a substrate which ensures optimal grip to the anti-corrosion primer.
- Paints that adhere perfectly on the primers.
- The excellent compatibility of products, which eliminates the problems of separation (orange peel).
- The high elasticity of primers and paints to avoid cracking during deformation in flight and ageing.
- The finesse of the paints which improves the characteristics of the aircraft by facilitating airflow.
- The precision of the colours that are produced according to the RAL standard.
- The versatility of the primers which can be used on textiles, laminates or dope.
- The ease of application of our top-of-the-range finishes, accessible to non-professionals.
|Products||Packaging||Ref.||Vol (%)||Ref.||Vol (%)||Ref.||Vol (%)|
|DIAPLAN E5425||4 L||E0707||50||E0491||50 à 100||–||–|
|DIAGRAPHITE||1 à 4 L||DURCH350||25||GV200||25||DIAFLEX||25|
|DIACOUVRE E5440||5 L||E0730||100||E0491||If necessary||–||–|
|Varnish E5540||5 L||E0730||100||E0491||If necessary||–||–|
|Anti-slip finish E6330||5 L||–||–||E0480||50||–||–|
Dosing and packaging: (The proportions given in this table should be respected to + or – 10%).
|Mixture||Nb of coats||Time between
|DIAPLAN E5425||1 à 2 (c)||60 mn||40 µ||1H30||2H/6H/72H (b)|
|DIACOUVRE E5440||1 à 2||60 mn||40 µ||1H30||3H/8H/96H|
|Varnish E5540||1 à 5||120 mn||30 µ||1H30||2H/11H/8j|
|Anti-slip finish E6330||2 à 3||Mini 1H – Max 24H||50 à 100 µ||NC||10/30 mn/7j (b)|
(a) Some colours require 3 coats.
(b) 2h/6h/72h: 2h = dust free under ventilation /6h = handling possible /72 h = Hardened through
(The waiting time between 2 layers is calculated at 20°C).
(c) depending on the surface condition.
Technical characteristics of primers, paints and varnishes
|DIAPLAN E5425||Mat white||24 months*||3H**||15″***|
|DIAGRAPHITE||Choice of||36 months*||3H**||24″***|
|DIACOUVRE E5440||White gloss||24 months*||8H**||15″***|
|Varnish E5540||Transparent||24 months*||4H**||15″***|
|Anti-slip finish E6330||Midnight blue||24 months*||–||–|
*: In the original packaging, closed.
**: At 20°C and 65% of hydrometry.
***: ISO cup No. 4 at 20°C.
Equipment for the application of primers and paints
|Type of spray gun||Suction||Gravity|
|Nozzle diameter (mm||1,8||1,6||1,6||1,4|
|Product flow (Number of turns)||2 à 2,5 (a)||Full opening||2 à 2.5 (a)||Full opening|
|Width of jet (Number of turns)||1 à 2||1 à 2||1 à 2||1 à 2|
|Spray gun pressure (bar)||3,5 à 4 (b)||3,5 à 4 (b)||3 à 3,5 (c)||3 à 3,5 (c)|
(a) 1.5 to 2 for DIAPLAN E5425.
(b) 3 to 3.5 for DIAFILLER, DIACOUVRE E5440 and E5540.
(c) 2.5 to 3 for DIAFILLER, DIACOUVRE E5440 and E5540.
- Shake the products before dosing.
- Mix the products before each use.
- Follow the general safety instructions and dosages scrupulously.
- All products must be resealed after use, including the hardeners which are very sensitive to moisture
- To avoid air to entry, store a can that has been opened upside down (cap to the bottom).
- The settings shown are given for 21/23°C and 50/60% hygrometry.